1. Collection of Personal Information. The information that we collect about you while you are using the Service falls into three general categories, as described below (collectively referred to as “Personal Information”). Personal Information may be collected directly by us, or it may be collected by a third-party website hosting provider, or another third-party service provider, on our behalf.
Information You Provide to Us.
We may collect and store information, including personally identifiable information (such as your name, postal address or e-mail address), or other information, that you voluntarily supply to us while using the Service. Some examples of this type of information include information that you electronically submit when you complete an online registration form to access and use our Service and information contained in search requests that you submit to us.
Information that is Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Service.
We also collect and store non-personally identifiable information and personally identifiable information that is generated automatically as you use the Service. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on our site. We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” in order to enhance your experience while using the Service. Cookies are small files that your web browser places on your hard drive for record-keeping purposes. By showing how and when visitors use the Service, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. They also prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences on certain areas of the web site where you have entered preference information before. The Service also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit our web site.
Information that is Collected from Other Sources.
We also collect and store personally identifiable information that is publicly available about you, including information found on other web sites.
3. Purpose of Information Collection; Information Processing. We process and use Personal Information in order to provide the Service to you. This may include but is not limited to using Personal Information in order to configure your user profile, to facilitate content personalization and to track user trends. We collect and process Personal Information also for allowing potential third parties to provide any services to you that you order from them, however, we do not share such information with the said third parties without your explicit consent. Since the Service is public, other persons may view personally identifiable information that is publicly available about you (including information found on other web sites). In addition to the above, we process Personal Information for the following ancillary purposes:
• Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Service;
• Providing customized advertising;
• Developing new services.
In some cases, we may process Personal Information for third parties, including certain of our advertising partners, however, we do not share such information with the said third parties without your explicit consent.
We may provide anonymous reporting of information (i.e., information that does not contain personally identifiable information) to third parties.
4. Sharing Information with Other Persons. We only share Personal Information with other persons:
• When we have your explicit consent to share the information (see clause 5 below);
• When we share information pursuant to law, including responses to court orders or legal process;
• When we find that your actions violate the Terms of Service; or
5. Use on the Basis of Explicit Consent. With your explicit consent we may use the Personal Information for the following purposes:
• Providing [content personalization services] to third parties without disclosing any Personal Information; or
• Sharing your user profile with third parties.
In case you give such explicit consent, you have the right to withdraw such explicit consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent has no retroactive effect.
6. Children Under the Age of 13. We do not intend, and the Service is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register with or otherwise provide personal information to our Service. In general, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If, in limited circumstances, we do knowingly collect personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will do so only with verified parental consent prior to collection. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
7. Your Rights. You have the rights provided by law, including:
• You have the right to demand any time that we discontinue processing Personal Information that you submitted to us when registering for the Service, provided that this is technically possible and does not result in disproportionate costs;
• You have the right to demand the correction of inaccurate Personal Information; and
• You have the right to request that we communicate to you any third parties to whom Personal Information has been transmitted.
8. Storage of Information. All of the information which we gather is stored within a database to which only we [and our hosting services provider] are provided access. However, as effective as the reasonable security measures implemented by us may be, no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
9. Transfer of Information to Other Countries. Your information may be stored and processed in Estonia, the United States or any other country where we have facilities, and by subscribing to and/or using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country.
(Last updated: June, 2009)
© Copyright 2009 DailyPerfect OÜ. All rights reserved.